A server written 15 years ago can still be serving up web pages – because web pages back then were fairly simple. But with the move to single page applications, and with massive complexity in the browser, is this longevity still possible? Do evergreen browsers demand evergreen codebases where you never stop developing and updating your application?
Switch thinking from applications as discrete events towards applications as an ongoing conversation, constantly evolving and changing.
Anyone involved in web design, development, strategy, or management.
Assumed Audience Knowledge
It’s assumed the audience is familiar with the business of development of web applications at some level.
Five things audience members will learn
- How to think about applications as organic entities.
- Why quality and automation are strategic necessities.
- The business case for continuous delivery.
- Future web dev risks and how to mitigate them.
- How to budget and staff a next-gen web development project.