This talk looks at DevArt, which set out to reframe coding as a creative discipline, and to inspire the next generation of developers. It’s an initiative exploring art made with code by developers who use technology as their canvas and code as their raw material. The project is made up of three key components: a global online initiative for developers (to showcase their creativity) with the chance to be awarded a commission, a physical gallery at the Barbican, and the DevArt Young Creators program – an education component designed to inspire the next generation of developers.
Demonstrate the creative possibilities for developers of Google products and platforms.
Developer Community and creative community.
Five things audience members will learn
- Code is a creative discipline.
- Coders are inherently creative.
- Technology is a canvas for creativity.
- The process of ‘making’ is as important as the final output.
- Code can make voice generated butterflies, keyboards that play the sounds of the world and transform you into larger than life figures. (watch this space!).