This talk will focus on developer-designer-interaction: the differences in perspective, the stereotypical discussions (and arguments) that usually occur, and ways to improve this relationship and cooperation in general.
The ideal outcome would be to find a way to up the ante on design during software development. However, it’s clear that both sides need to value and respect each other, learn how to communicate with each other, and above all gain a deeper understanding of each other’s work before this can happen.
Better integrate design into the software development process.
Designers and developers of all flavours: backend/front end, web/native, UI/UX, young/old etc.
Five things audience members will learn
- How to look at designers through the eyes of a developer.
- How to look at developers through the eyes of a designer.
- Common pitfalls and misunderstandings between the two.
- Best practices for interaction and integration.
- How best to kill each other if all else fails.