FITC presents a full-day event dedicated to Wearables!
No longer is technology just sitting on our desks or in our hands. With the eruption of wearables, we are now seeing our bodies adorned with this advancing technology. And we are only on the cusp of this new wave of computing.
Join us for this special full-day event focused on wearable technology, its current state, and where this tech is headed.
• A full-day of informative presentations
• Held at the Glenn Gould Studio in the heart of downtown Toronto
• 200+ attendees anticipated
• Developer focused presentations with a business friendly edge
• Tickets include lunch, coffee, and exhibitor area
Keynote by the father of wearables
We are thrilled to have a very special keynote by the father of wearables, Steve Mann, Chief Scientist at Meta-View
Seven presentation topics include
• Authentication / Identity
• Biometric Data / Quantified Self
• Notifications / Communications
• Motion / Gesture
• Augmented Reality
• Virtual Reality
• Brain Computer Interface / Neurotechnology
• The Future of Wearables
Tons of Giveaways!
We are working with a number of companies to get as many giveaways as possible for our attendees for this event.
Confirmed so far (with more to come)
• 5 Myo Developer Kits
• 5 Muse Headbands by InteraXon
• 3 SparkFun Inventor’s Kit for Arduino
• 4 Estimote Beacon Developer Kits
• Books from Pearson Canada
• Books from O’Reilly
• plus more
Why Should you Go?
“It’s not about designing wearables, it’s about how to intelligently design excellent experiences for humans interfacing with wearable devices. It’s about making technology invisible so it recedes into the background and enables a deeper engagement with reality.”
Dr. Helen Papagiannis, Ph.D, Augmented Reality Specialist, Augmented Stories