Ever wondered who’s behind the Harry Potter saga’s fantastic creatures and effects, the Oscar-nominated Christopher Robin’s endearing characters, or the dazzling, magical effects seen in Mary Poppins Returns? As she brings the artists to the forefront, Laurie Brugger talks us through the fascinating world of visual effects.
Laurie will highlight Framestore artists’ creative contributions by zeroing in on just a few individuals in the wall of names credit list. We will learn about the artists themselves and identify their unique fingerprints on Disney, Marvel and Warner Bros films while learning about VFX along the way.
To inspire attendees by showcasing how artists contribute to the creation of stunning pictures, as seen through their skills and expertise
Anyone curious to know what it takes to create stunning cinematic scenes and characters in VFX
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Glimpse into the expanding VFX industry in Montreal/Canada
- Workflow involved in creating memorable cinematic scenes and characters
- An overview of the diverse background and skill set needed
- How every character and scene is unique and has its own challenges
- The scale and complexity of complex visual effects work