Creative coding is about wonder, about exploration, about understanding. But often its path seems to take us through the territory of that most fearsome of beasts: mathematics… This talk is about staring it down and getting it to work for you. From geometry to toy physics, simple principles give wonderful complexity.
*Warning: this presentation is produced in a facility that handles generative design, rule-based systems, processing, geometry, snowflakes, polyhedra, quantum noise, division, data viz, meshes, assorted ranting, and trace amounts of art and physics…
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Why hating math is not a requirement
- Basic geometry as a generative system
- Complexity in simple things
- Creativity by breaking serious stuff
- Creative code as a tool for exploration