This roundtable discussion presents participants with a chance to discuss the nuances of inclusive design—moving beyond accessibility and compliance considerations like the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), toward authentically engaging with diverse markets. Join Say Yeah! for a primer on taking your next steps with inclusive design through a series of frank, fun, & lively discussions.
Increase belonging in our industry and those products and services we all create by promoting true, comprehensive inclusive design, which we can achieve by creating space for the full spectrum of employee & consumer perspectives.
Suited to attendees interested in: the ethics & evolution of design; unlocking the potential of collaboration with users; optimizing business drivers; connecting with diverse markets
Assumed Audience Knowledge
We’ll provide an introduction to help level set and include everyone in the conversation.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Differences between key principles of access and inclusion and the relevance of accessible, inclusive, and universal design
- How standard methodologies serving “the average customer” limit us all
- How to clearly articulate the ROI of inclusive design
- Inspiring examples of inclusive design
- Understanding where your work lies on the diversity & inclusion (D&I) spectrum and how you can take next steps