Doing logo and branding work isn’t always about a big splashy start-from-scratch do-over—sometimes you just need a glow-up. Jessica Hische specializes in brand refresh work—helping companies with significant brand equity massage their existing logotypes into something that is not only more sophisticated and beautiful but also more functional. In this talk, Jessica will walk through her process and show how you can start examining your own word marks, spotting red flags in design that impact legibility or signal naiveté.
To show how small changes can make a dramatic difference in the functionality and look of a logotype.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- How to spot “novice” work and “expert” work when it comes to logotypes
- How to critique your own logotype work
- How to achieve consistency in letterforms
- Some tips for pairing typefaces
- Best practices for vector drafting
Visual designers looking to play with letterforms or improve their own or their company’s logo or simply want to learn more about typography and lettering.