Justin will discuss ways to stand out within an immensely saturated and competitive platform, and how doing so influences the nature of his work. Focusing on the events that led him to explore different storytelling tools, and discovering how the things he learned from this exploration could be used to cater to a mainstream audience, Justin found a path best suited to him and his individual personality.
During this talk he’d like to break down what he sees as ‘the artist’s journey’ into three parts: trying to understand a particular medium/platform/tool; succeeding in understanding that medium; and finally translating that success into future endeavours.
For each part of the journey, he will delve into the technical side of things, and also discuss insights from the often overlooked emotional and personal side (thought process, introspections, emotions, etc.), which really pushes an artist’s work to the next level.
Inspire people to become better digital artists in this current day by showing them how to break out of their comfort zone and find a path that will lead them to success in the digital art realm.
Artists (hobbyists and professionals)
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Tools and guidance on how to find your path as an artist (“climbing the right tree”)
- How to become a better storyteller
- How to cater to the mainstream audiences on Instagram
- How to make your presence/content on Instagram more exciting, therefore building a stronger brand and a better relationship with your audience
- What are the pros and cons of going viral on Instagram and how does this impact the artist’s perspective and content