In this talk, Chris discusses the historic problems with web apps, and sheds light on new web platform features that are filling the holes. This includes device APIs such as Web Activities, Camera, device orientation and NFC, offline apps (which are finally looking realistic thanks to service workers), installable apps and more.
Give the audience a useful overview of what is happening in the web apps space.
Five things audience members will learn
1. Why native is often thought of as better than web, and why it isn’t necessarily true.
2. What new JS APIs are coming that allow web apps to mirror native capabilities.
3. What technologies are allowing web games to get fast.
4. How installable web apps work.
5. The basics of the Firefox OS platform and ecosystem.