As more services and products move online we need to make sure we don’t leave people behind. As inclusive design and accessibility become an expectation of products we build, we also need to design the foundations for those products, teams and organizations.
This session will review how they’re integrating those ideas and practices into design systems at Shopify. Tiffany will also cover how to approach accessibility education at an organizational level, including creating learning opportunities for designers, developers, content strategists, support to leadership.
To show how Shopify is building foundations which include helping create a baseline of accessibility knowledge in the products they build and provide a better experience for all their users; inside and outside of the organization.
Anyone interested in design systems and accessibility education
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Should have a basic understanding of html
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- The anatomy of a design system, and the ones they use at Shopify
- How Shopify is scaling accessibility across their platform with concrete examples
- Maintaining a design system of components, iterating on it, and creating necessary friction
- What to aim for when building accessibility education at any organization
- How to build a culture within your organization that includes accessibility