This b-side talk focuses on how Sarofsky produced the FITC 2020 conference opener titled “What You May Find.” The talk will take the group through the process of interpreting the song In the Year 2525 into a narrative, developing a look and implementing it within a CG pipeline. Sarofsky’s 3D team will breakdown a few shots that best highlight the modeling, animation, lighting and compositing of the scenes.
This presentation is of a technical nature, so we recommend it to people who have experience or interest in CGI, compositing and VFX.
Sarofsky’s goal is for you to get deep insights and practical information about how we produced the titles for FITC’s 2020 conference.
We think that all 2D and 3D artists/designers will appreciate this lecture, as well as VFX artists, film-makers, and people interested in CG pipelines and workflow.
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Ideally, a little Cinema 4D and After Effects.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Sarofsky’s process of starting with a small brief/theme to developing a fully finished product
- Developing an illustrative look that can be translated to 3D
- See an in-depth breakdown of a few CG scenes
- They will learn how we broke apart the work amongst artists
- Pipeline conversations, including managing very heavy renders