From spacesuits to LED-studded tech fashion, Sophy’s projects explore our evolving relationship with technology, and the ways we use it to express our identities. She enjoys the challenge of designing for the human body while also incorporating emerging fabrication techniques like 3D printing and laser cutting into her process. Learn how she leverages her 2D design background and combine it with added skills like 3D modeling, electronics, and creative coding to build fun, futuristic wearable technology.
To inspire more designers to explore the world of wearable tech, and show how 2D design and digital skills can be applied to building physical, 3D projects.
2D and 3D designers, media artists, creative coders, and anyone interested in combining design and technology.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Learn about wearable projects Sophy has made from costumes to wearable game controllers
- Fundamentals for designing wearable projects
- How she leverages 2D design skills to build physical things
- Methods for learning new skills and techniques quickly
- How to get started with wearable tech projects