Kate has designed and directed content projected onto a floor of ice, the ceiling of the London Design Museum, the bridge of the USS intrepid in NY and put content onto the smallest LEDs to create one of the largest screens for the London 2012 Olympics ceremonies. 2017 in particular saw two diverse, exciting and extremely complex projects!
It goes without saying that each project requires a unique approach. But that approach encompasses so many variants. These large-scale projects are inevitably a roller-coaster ride of design, decision making, blood, sweat and sometimes, just sometimes tears!
To give an insight into the influences, processes and challenges behind these kind of projects.
Anyone interested in design for large scale events and projection mapping.
Six Things Audience Members Will Learn
- What goes on behind the scenes
- That it’s ok to ask for help and advice
- That there’s always a first time for everything (perhaps don’t tell the client!)
- It’s ok to mix analogue and digital
- Cool-shit doesn’t come easy
- Learning is an on-going process