No design method has as much power to transform how you design, build, and evolve interactive systems as prototyping. This talk distills over a decade’s worth of insights about prototyping into ten easy ways to improve the way you design and iterate. If prototyping is already part of your design process, these guidelines will help you get the most out of it. If you aren’t prototyping or your organization is resistant to it, this talk will arm you with an array of stories and examples that will help you get started in the way that works best for you.
The primary objective of this talk is to help people get the most impact from prototyping in their day to day work. The secondary objective is to help those who haven’t yet adopted prototyping to do so.
Primary: UX and UI designers. Secondary: Developers, etc. who work with UX and UI designers.
Assumed Audience Knowledge
I assume that the audience will not need to be convinced that prototyping is a valuable design method.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- How to improve the quality of their designs by building interactive prototypes rather than flat documentation
- How to get the most out of testing prototypes with users
- How to choose the right prototyping tool
- How to use prototyping throughout all stages of the design process
- How to use prototyping to change their own mindsets as well as that of their organizations