Web technologies have created a new kind of universal canvas – a powerful, open way to put pixels on screens. With careful application of these technologies you can create magical multi-screen installations with the languages and tools you already know and love. Smart phones that control LED art, tablets that control whole rooms of screens, touch tables that can flick content to the wall – it’s all possible, and pretty darn easy, right now.
The objective is to teach the audience the tools and techniques need to use web technologies to create multi-screen installations.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Benefits and challenges to using web technologies to drive installations
- How to use websockets to drive multi-screen communication
- Creating a simple “postmaster” websocket server to talk between screens
- Best practices for deploying installations using web technologies
- Remote system monitoring best practices