Many teams may have a front-end developer among their ranks, but besides a title or area of responsibility, it can be difficult to pinpoint the exact craft of front end development. Expertise in web technologies is a good start, but we can’t forget the users we actually build for. This talk will examine the impact of the front-end on user experience. Monika will talk about how becoming more fluent across UX concerns like content and accessibility can help front-enders make better decisions, bring more clarity to your craft, and result in building better experiences for our users.
Share how a focus on UX has helped the Shopify front-end team weather the storm of technical and framework decisions many front end teams face.
Any front-end developer, especially anyone struggling with the scope of front-end these days or how to make technical decisions.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- How one front-end team has scaled and how it might apply to your team
- Some factors of making technical decisions
- Factors in UX that impact front-end
- Tools for front-end to improve UX
- Overview of FED landscape today and the complexity therein