We create within the constrains and contours of our natural environment, but nature doesn’t end at the edge of Earth’s atmosphere. As we design new space stations, we mix the qualities of our environment with that of interplanetary space, and things get weird. Unexpected and counterintuitive, magical possibilities emerge. Our creativity will evolve to meet this unfamiliar nature, taking advantage of new phenomena and new media.
This talk will tour the natural qualities of outer space, connecting them to new forms of creative possibility and discussing how New Space is setting the stage for this transformation.
This talk will describe the natural and novel environment of interplanetary space, and explore the new forms of creativity that are possible there.
Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Oddities of the natural environment beyond our planet.
- How we have adapted our tools and lifestyles to the extra-terrestrial environment.
- What strange and new forms of creativity are possible in space.
- What to know if you dream of engaging with the space industry.
- Where the industry is now, and what creative opportunities are on the horizon.
Creatives that want to engage with the New Space industry.