Go behind the scenes on the creation of three XM projects. In addition to learning how the software and hardware were created, discover techniques for surviving fast paced marketing projects, with many stakeholders, and shifting objectives.
Learn how these XM campaigns were created.
- An installation for fashion label Life is Good, where users wearing an EEG headset think positive thoughts to make water to pour into a glass.
- A tracking device for Canadian Tire, hidden inside the shaft of a hockey stick, that counts how many times it’s been tapped and phones home its location.
- An bank ATM converted into an Automated Basketball Machine, allowing NBA fans the chance to free throw for tickets to the Playoffs.
Learn how to create the technology behind digital out of home experiential marketing.
Marketing creatives wanting to learn more about XM campaigns, and creative technologists looking to go beyond the basics of software and hardware.
Assumed Audience Knowledge
You don’t need any prior knowledge to enjoy this presentation, but if you know your way around an Arduino, you’ll get more out of the technical portions.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
1. Techniques for building very low power electronics.
2. How to apply non technical solutions to technical problems.
3. What tools every Creative Technologist should own.
4. A surprising workaround for when you run out of memory on your microcontroller.
5. The easy to add, secret ingredient for all successful XM campaigns.