Dear designers, you’ve learned a lot already. You can make apps and websites, you can prototype beautiful stuff out of thin air within minutes, you can code UI animation, and maybe even ride your bike without handlebars. You are creating things that are changing the future. And you love making things–simply because you can. But are you responsible for your creations? Are you sure you’re not bringing evil into the world? Let’s talk design ethics.
Have a real conversation about what our technology is doing to people, and what to do about it.
Everyone who’s making decisions about products that affect human lives: designers, product managers, software engineers, and business stakeholders.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- How being a god in the golden age of design could be a bad thing
- How other companies are approaching design ethics–or failing miserably
- How talking about your beliefs with your team can make or break your company
- The Seven Sins of interaction design and dark patterns
- What calling yourself “creative” truly means