Innovation is defined as the process of making an idea into a good or service that creates value by meeting a need or solving a problem at scale. This talk explores ways to find inspiration from everyday sources, invest in skills that foster collaboration, and identify opportunities for impact. While leveraging the core principles of and learnings from designing products for real people, Carl will examine a number methods for building creativity and innovation into our everyday work.
For individual contributors looking to cultivate opportunities for impact and find the right time, space, and tools to innovate in our everyday work.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- A bottom-up approach to framing innovation within your daily work
- Identify and validate opportunities that make an impact
- Prioritize, prototype, and build understanding of the problems you are solving
- Collaborate locally and globally
- Seek, give, and apply feedback often