This talk will introduce and explore the idea of ‘chapters’, and specifically, how they are implemented within RBC’s digital department.
The chapter working model has implications in terms of both organization and software delivery. Within digital, the chapter model helps to decouple reporting structure from team structure, to develop solutions for a wide variety of technical problems. It also gives developers an opportunity to complete work outside of their day-to-day responsibilities, and to build community.
To share information about the chapter working model in general, and how chapters have been implemented within RBC’s digital department.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- What a chapter is (and is not).
- What chapters exist within RBC’s digital department.
- How chapters help to cultivate and up-skill talent.
- How chapters help to solve cross cutting concerns, including technical debt.
- How chapters can help your organization.
Technologists, developers, engineering managers, and product owners.
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Familiarity with different organizational structures is useful, but not required.