Whether interviewing for a future job, creating style frames, or pitching directly to a client, learning how to communicate effectively can make dramatic effects in one’s career. By examining larger conceptual principles to practical application in main title design, such as HBO’s Vinyl and Netflix’s Anne with an E, Alan will share hard-learned lessons on how he transitioned from student to director and how these lessons can influence all areas of design.
Visual communicators eager to become more evocative storytellers
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Ego vs. empathy: ‘method branding’ in a selfie culture
- Recollection vs. curation: cultivating an O.C.D. (observe, collect, dissect) lifestyle
- Creation vs. collision: the resuscitating power of rearrangement
- NYC vs. the world: the cozy & crippling cage of routine
- Pitching vs. poetry: ‘bosom buddies’ in the boardroom