Most people who work in advertising are familiar with the terms “above” and “below the line.” But with technology invading every area of our culture, the digital realm exists outside that paradigm entirely. Brands unsure of how to work within trends in emerging tech, are looking for compelling ways to embed ideas into media “beyond the line.”
Based on her unique perspective gained through working in broadcast, interactive, online strategy and experience design, Kim Alpert will examine this ever-changing frontier, where advertising, art, and innovation collide, and creative can go beyond what we ever dreamed possible.
To examine emerging disciplines in advertising.
People interested creative advertising and inclined toward technology.
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Standard terms for working in commercial art, advertising, and design – or no knowledge but interest.
Five things audience members will learn
- Examples of great and not so great work
- Signs of how the industry is changing and predictions for its future
- If you are at an agency, you are not alone in what’s going on
- No one really knows what happens next, but it’s going to be fun
- That being a technology loving creative is the best thing ever