The most engaging digital products encourage habits within their users, habits that hook us into coming back over and over again. Liam used the design principles of habit-forming products to analyze, deconstruct, and ultimately kick several destructive habits of his own. He’ll work backwards from a deeply ingrained addiction and look at how design principles and psychology can empower meaningful change in our daily lives.
To inform and inspire an understanding of the human implications of product design.
People who are passionate about making digital products and are interested in human behaviour.
Five things audience members will learn
- The basic steps of human-centered product design
- Principles of user research and product psychology
- How to construct and deconstruct habits, particularly addictions
- Practical examples of products that use these processes
- The human outcomes of these products