The introduction of ActionScript 2.0 completely changed the way we look at programming in Flash. Those who were brought up on Flash are now getting a taste of the real programmer`s world, while other developers migrating to ActionScript are given a much friendlier coding environment, something a little more familiar and inviting. This session will give you the introductory knowledge of ActionScript Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), along with the benefits and relevance of its use. The session will also cover the use of design patterns, event handling, and OOP concepts when writing your Flash applications.
In this session you will:
* Receive an introduction to ActionScript, OOP, and design patterns
* Become familiar with inheritance and other OOP concepts
* Explore various methods for event handling
* Learn how to structure your e-Learning applications
* Build a few classes to use in your e-Learning projects
* Get a preview of ActionScript 3.0 and how this affects ActionScript as a programming language.