This talk covers TELUS’ work over the past two years on shipping accessible digital products and fostering a culture of inclusive design. Our goal with accessibility (a11y) is to build it as a practice and integrate it into everyone’s workflow – “a11y is everyone’s job”.
We’ll take you through some of the things we’ve done towards meeting that goal: building an accessibility foundation, integrating it in our agile environment, accessibility ownership per team: ux, dev, qa, product owners and more.
Learn how TELUS builds accessible products and what each team owns – UX, DEV, QA.
Any and all web professionals.
Five things audience members will learn
- How accessibility works at TELUS
- Accessibility in an agile environment
- Techniques and best practices
- Role-based accessibility for product owners, designers, devs, QA
- TELUS’ accessibility challenges