Building emails sucks. Poor CSS support, old school HTML, tables, various email clients and platforms, writing inline CSS, multi-part mime… the list goes on.
However, in today’s world we can use some of our favourite front-end dev tools to make things fun again:
- Task runners
- Static site generators
- Pattern libraries
- CSS preprocessors
- Responsive solutions
We’ll take a look at the current state of email design, the problems we face as developers, and how to make things better using the likes of Sass, Grunt and other magic.
Use modern web development tools to automate your email design workflow.
Web designers and developers working with email.
Assumed audience knowledge
HTML and CSS.
Five things audience members will learn
- Problems with email client rendering
- Common solutions to coding email
- Responsive solutions for building email
- How to use grunt to automate your email workflow
- Coding email can be enjoyable