This talk will dissect a few web animation failures and the lessons learned from using a mash-up of techniques. It also places emphasis on a designer-mentality to animation resulting in an inseparable relationship between motion and layout… the sweet spot where badassness happens.
Web animation has dominated conferences for the last few years. It is no surprise given Google’s push with Material Design and the amazing strides the industry has made in animation-rich mobile apps. Front-end developers are hungry to provide more value than just arranging boxes and text on screen. Users have come to expect UI animation as a standard.
SIX THINGS AUDIENCE MEMBERS WILL LEARN
- Motion Sketching. What is it and how can I get some? Tools and tips for failing fast by rapid prototyping motion-rich interaction models
- Top four animation tricks from a former motion graphics designer
- Current trends in web animation frameworks. How will this change in the near future?
- Responsible animation; Performance and the realities of adding animation to RWD
- Adapting Brad Frost’s atomic design methodology by adding animation to your style guides
- The rise of smart-spaces; A new wave of user experiences and how animation fits within a modality where the interface has very different needs than the standardized web