The web is full of web accessibility issues that range from mistakes that make using websites difficult to mistakes that make them completely unusable. If you spend enough time evaluating the accessibility of websites, you start to notice that there are certain mistakes that are extremely common. These mistakes tend not to be overly complex to fix, just overlooked and misunderstood.
In this talk, we’ll explore the most common accessibility issues on the web, and how UX designers can make an impact in fixing these issues.
Give an explanation of the most common web accessibility issues that can be tackled by UX designers and empower UX designers to understand what they can do to fix them.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- The most common web accessibility issues on the web
- Their impact on usability and people with disabilities
- How to fix the most common web accessibility issues as a UX designer
- How to collaborate with devs on how to fix the a11y issues
- Advocating for more accessible design and development practices
This talk is perfect for UX designers and web developers interested in joining the good fight, and learning how to battle web accessibility issues.