Moritz Simon Geist throws all predictions on ‘market development’ and ‘consumer behaviour’ overboard and enters the speculative domain of Art Fiction. Everybody is talking about machine learning, cyborgs and body enhancement these days. But how could actual speculative products, situations and problems look like in 10, 20 or 30 years? In his talk, Geist presents absurd devices-of-the-future and imaginary products for the yet unknown needs of our future self! This happens in the cross-section of society and art – for a world in which brain interfaces, body enhancement and nanorobots (finally!) have become everyday items.
An unbiased outlook to speculative future products and techniques in the art and music scene.
Members of industry with an interest for future developments, entrepreneurs, decision makers, curators
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Introduction to speculative design thinking
- What the heck is “art fiction?”
- Why machine learning is overrated – and how it will change the world anyway.
- Three speculative product ideas in arts and technology
- Overcoming the restrictions of market development and consumer behaviour when thinking about the future