With roots deep in design and animation, Tendril have always explored the art of creating ‘the illusion of life’. Thirty five years after Disney’s iconic animation bible that outlined the 12 basic principles of animation, we are looking at new methods of infusing life-like qualities to digital and physical objects (and anything in between). Matt’s talk will feature a selection of projects that explore the beauty and mathematics found in nature as a source of inspiration for designers, coders and animators to bring their ideas to life. Through this exploration he will feature a series of artworks that reflect on the new principles of generative design.
Explore the beauty (and mathematics) found in nature as a source of inspiration for designers, coders and animators. Reflect on the new principles of (generative) design & animation.
Creative coders, animators, interactive artists, designers & directors, houdini artists, VJ’s, future-gazing storytellers, creative directors & technologists.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- A perspective on animation as the ‘art of imitating life’
- Practical examples of how code is transforming the creative industry
- A survey of hybrid tools and techniques used by our studio
- A proposed manifesto summarizing the new principles of (generative) design & animation
- Sneak peek into an internal art project about the the ‘illusion of life’