Building software products is an expensive, confusing and error prone process (even for developers!). Finding available developers is an ongoing resource constraint. Many solve these problems by trying to define as much of their product up front, and hand near-finished specifications to developers.
Yet in 2015, it is faster to iteratively prototype with software (we like Ember.js). Prototypes avoid costly errors and mistakes in the software process (i.e. “I thought users needed an email to register”) due to late proof of concepts, and are generally cheaper than the traditional process. When written correctly, prototypes are not a separate task but instead evolve into a production-ready state.
After this session, attendees will have a stronger understand of what a software prototype is, the benefits, and how to run a strong software prototyping process in lieu of the traditional wireframe/scope/re-scope/re-wireframe process.
Product Managers, Product Leads, Developers & Startup Founders.
Assumed Audience Knowledge
No technical knowledge required, but having prior seen a product move from idea to reality is helpful.
Five things audience members will learn
- What are the main front end frameworks, and why are they important.
- What is software prototyping, and why prototype.
- How to run an effective software prototyping process.
- Ensuring prototypes are recyclable and re-usable in production code.
- Building better products by forcing evolution on iterations, vs. detached documents.