Project management in a studio or agency seems to be a black art. Some do it well, others struggle. There are numerous methodologies and frameworks out there to manage your projects well, but what about just managing the entire process, from conception to execution?
The truth is, we can learn a lot about managing our projects better by looking at how the programming world is evolving. We’ll learn to stay DRY, not become WET and define how each of us can individually lead our teams to better communication and morale.
We’ll take a look at some of the main ingredients behind a good creative and programming process, how to interact with clients and the team, look at some tools that will help (but not overwhelm us), and establish some really easy techniques that will make the whole thing run much smoother.
Open the audiences eyes to following their own process that works best for their team.
Ideally a great session for freelancers, smallish studios, or teams at an agency. Designers, programmers, project managers, producers, etc…
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Have worked in a client – vendor relationship before. Familiar with the general creative process.
Five things audience members will learn
- Some of the main ingredients behind a good creative and programming process.
- How to interact with clients and the team.
- Look at some tools that will help (but not overwhelm us)
- Establish some really easy techniques that will make the whole thing run much smoother.
- Give the audience member a good direction to go in to simplify their own process.