Motion graphics designers and directors are applying their talents to a huge variety of screens and applications. Among them, the live experience offers a expanded range of possibilities for creativity. In this presentation, Gary and Stefan will explore some of the opportunities, the challenges, and the rewards in working in the live event space. They’ll highlight series of examples of work that required them to use their talents in different and often unexpected ways. How to tell stories using the event space as a canvas, and how to adjust the way designers think about time and non-linear storytelling to bring interactive and immersive components into new areas that blend live, human experiences and the power of design.
To encourage creatives to explore all opportunities including 3D in the real world.
Designers and creative directors
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Understanding the way audience interacts with design in a physical space
- How to design for different screens and environments
- The challenges, creative freedom and rewards of working in live space
- How to adjust the way we think about time and nonlinear storytelling
- Understanding and contemplating what’s next for live events and environmental design