Join the founding director of FITC as he takes us through his personal journey through 27 jobs and 9 companies, including some bumps and some surprises. Shawn’s a self confessed ‘serial entrepreneur’ and has been starting companies since he was 16, well before ‘start-up’ was a term.
Shawn will explore the changes in how he’s defined success, how he’s been forced to deal with major failures and lessons on how he’s survived to tell this story after running FITC for 14 years.
Wandering. Partners. Bankruptcy. Failure. Nay sayers. Feeling lost. Balance. Yet surviving with one of the oldest and well known design/tech events in the world with over 90 events under his belt. All will be revealed.
To help those who have small companies or those who are thinking of starting small companies think about how they are going to define success, and maybe avoid some failures.
Entrepreneurs and those thinking about taking the leap.
Five things audience members will learn
- Success, and why you may be defining it wrong
- Failure, and why it may or may not be a negative thing
- Lessons on how to help survive starting your own company
- Why having a Goal can work against you, and how time affects it
- Self employed vs a job. The Pro’s and Cons.