Our lives are increasingly defined by data. From the ads we see online, to the steps we count, to the time we set aside to drive to a client, data touches every aspect of our daily existence. But how often is data thought of as an expressive medium, capable of telling memorable stories that engage audiences on a meaningful level? John will present a broad overview of the ways creative studios, including his own, are harnessing data to drive innovative experiences that command attention.
Sosolimited was founded by three MIT graduates in 2003 and has been pioneering the creative application of new technologies ever since. Based in Boston and San Diego, the studio creates unique data and technology-driven work that engages audiences and inspires new perspectives. Their award-winning work takes the form of data visualization, experiential marketing, and interactive sculpture. They transform data into exciting, memorable experiences with measurable impact.
Explore the creative side of data and highlight the ways in which it can drive memorable, emotionally-rich experiences.
Creative agencies and marketing teams interested in data-driven storytelling and experiences.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- How to turn internet search terms into a fashion line
- How to transform the London Eye into a mood ring of the nation
- How a kinetic sculpture can reveal the motion of an invisible flock of birds
- How LCD glass can become a 90-foot ribbon of natural patterns
- How to tell if a President is lying in real time