Details coming soon.
Note that this is a pre-festival workshop (Sept 12), and therefore is only available to those who have ‘the works’ tickets, or the ‘pre-festival workshop’ tickets
Computer Policy: To keep prices this low, this workshop is bring-your-own-laptop.
You are a .NET Developer using Visual Studio and are tasked with extending your software to the Windows Mobile platform. You have never written a Windows Mobile application so where do you start? The Windows Mobile Developer Workshop is a 1/2 day course where we will go through what you need to get started to develop for Windows Mobile, all the tools that are available within Visual Studio, the tools available with the Windows Mobile SDK, .NET Compact Framework and explore new features available in Windows Mobile 6.5. The Workshop will also contain hands on labs allowing attendees to try things out throughout the day.
1. Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack 2 installed, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Vista
2. Visual Studio 2008 Professional Installed (Download the 90day Trial here)
3. Windows Mobile 6 Professional and Standard SDK (Download here)
4. Windows Mobile 6.5 Developer Toolkit (Download here)
Hardware Requirements (Laptops Required):
1. Minimum: 2.0 GHz CPU, 512 MB RAM, 8 GB HDD
2. Recommended: 2.6 GHz CPU, 1 GB RAM, 20 GB HDD
Who This is For
This workshop is intended for developers or architects looking to create Windows Mobile based solutions using Microsoft .NET Framework. In order to fully benefit from this session it is recommended attendees have the following:
· Prior experience with using Visual Studio 2008
· Prior experience with .NET Framework
Get hands on experience developing on the Windows Mobile platform and learn new features of Windows Mobile 6.5.
This workshop is presented by:
Rich Media Institute