Friction And the Rise of Design
Innovation is one of the ultimate buzzwords of our era but what is it really? What is its meaning? How can we see it? Replicate it? Scale it?
Mike proposes that innovation really is the “removal of friction” from a system; and that through this lens we can understand the rise of design, lean startup, Silicon Valley and possibly many other innovative happenings across time.
Better understand the meaning of innovation and identify design’s role in it.
Anyone interested in startup culture, innovation and the idea of design.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- A brief history of innovation
- A new framework for identifying innovation
- How innovation equals the removal of friction
- How Apple and Amazon and some less likely companies have applied this process
- How to find ways to innovate in your own work