In our industry we always need to produce better, faster and cheaper. Therefore we always need to be on the hunt for better practices, processes and tools! That is where “the productive programmer” comes into play.
A productive programmer …
- … obeys the DRY principle: Don’t repeat yourself!
- … uses proven best practices and processes.
- … has the ability to choose the right tools for the job.
- … will create the right tool for the job if necessary.
- … will always question the way he works rather than blindly adhering to standards.
In the session we will shed some light on topics like automation, automatic code-generation, tool-building and test-driven development. We will also look into processes and methodologies from the enterprise as well as the indie-dev to pick the best from both worlds.
I hope that after this you’ll be a productive programmer too, or if you already are, an even more productive one!