A comprehensive design system is a critical tool for maintaining a consistent UI during rapid development that spans multiple codebases.
During the 2016 U.S. Election, Mina spent most of her time building and refining Pantsuit, the design system that powered many of the applications hosted on hillaryclinton.com.
In this talk, Mina will share successes and failures from nearly two years at Hillary for America, including creating CSS architecture and implementing a redesign of the main website.
To learn how to translate static comps into a modular design system.
Developers and designers interested modular CSS and pattern libraries.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Identifying and extracting UI components
- The importance of consuming your own products
- Documentation is everything
- Sometimes done is better than perfect
- Naming things is important