With HTTP/2, Service Workers, Responsive Images, Flexbox, SVG and Font Loading API now available in browsers, we all are still trying to figure out just the right strategy for designing and buildings responsive websites just in time. We want to use all of these technologies, but how can we use them efficiently, and how do we achieve it within a reasonable amount of time?
In this talk, Vitaly Friedman, editor-in-chief of Smashing Magazine, will be looking into a strategy for crafting fast, resilient and flexible responsive design systems by utilizing all of those wonderful shiny web technologies we have available today. We’ll also talk about dealing with legacy browsers and will cover a few dirty little techniques that might ensure that your responsive websites will stay relevant, flexible and accessible in the years to come.
We’ll explore how to design and build better responsive systems, to keep them maintainable and functional long-term.
Designers and Front-end developers
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Features to include in a pattern library or design system
- Things to keep in mind with HTTP/2
- How to make sense of all front-end technologies
- Lessons learned from redesigning and rebuilding Smashing Magazine
- A couple of dirty front-end techniques to keep in mind.