We use Scalable Vector Graphics (SVGs) every day, but how well do we really understand it? More often than not, we are merely scratching the surface of a large and complicated discipline. Most developers and designers don’t realize how powerful and useful SVGs are, you will be surprised at how deep the rabbit hole goes.
Robyn will discuss the importance of understanding the capabilities of SVGs and how developers and designers can improve the quality of designs created in the browser.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Upgrade your design and development collaboration. Learn the best way to manage exporting SVG assets from Sketch.
- Through an understanding of SVG capabilities you will know how each layer of Sketch is rendered through SVGs in the browser.
- You won’t learn about SVG font icons; you WILL learn about how to efficiently export SVGs so your team won’t curse your name. With SVGs you can render each design layer directly in the browser. Create the best user delight experiences in the browser.
- You will learn to recognize when post export optimization tools are most appropriate for developers.
- Apply some of your favourite design effects in the browser with advanced SVG filters including: lighting effects, gaussian blur, animations and other photoshop effects, all directly through the use of this file format. Get exactly what you want in the browser.