Serverless architectures are driving a revolution in DevOps and the way applications and other web technologies are deployed to the cloud. Serverless offers a streamlined and accelerated path to deployment that can cut down on the time and resources needed to optimize the performance of your app or service. It’s really great, and it’s clearly the future. Unless you’re a developer. The developer experience working with serverless technologies is, how shall we say this, not good. It’s currently slow, cumbersome, and often difficult to work with online IDE.
This panel will weigh the benefits of serverless architectures against the cost to developer experience and explore ways the technology can be improved to deliver a great experience along every step of app development and deployment.
To understand the benefits of serverless web technologies as well as the challenges they present to developer experience.
Developers, product managers, DevOps team members, or other decision makers involved in building web applications
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Understanding or experience of some part of the web development lifecycle with some knowledge or serverless technology
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- What does serverless mean
- How does serverless change DevOps and app deployment
- What is the impact of serverless architectures on developer experience
- How can developer experience on serverless be improved
- Key tips/strategies to either implement or improve serverless workflows into your development process without negatively impacting developer experience