Most people feel a lot less restricted to open up a browser in lieu of installing a mobile app. The convenience, security and simplicity of just typing a URL into an address bar is a powerful advantage of the web, and Progressive Web Apps (PWA) combine this with the feel of native applications.
In short, PWAs are applications that use modern web capabilities to provide a user experience similar to that of mobile and native apps. This presentation will go over how you can add a number of progressive aspects to your application including faster load times, offline support and the ability to install to your mobile home screen.
Explain the concept of Progressive Web Apps, how to build one and how to improve apps built with React, Angular or any other framework without adding too much complexity.
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- What exactly is a Progressive Web App
- How to use Lighthouse to test and improve your webpage
- Improve app loading times with a Service Worker App Shell
- Use a App Shell + Dynamic Content model to allow for offline support
- Add a web app manifest file to allow for installing an app to a mobile home screen