A follow up to the critically acclaimed, ‘Things I Have Learned’ presentation from 2010, where Hoss shared life lessons from the importance of exercise to how much programmers should be paid.
The last five years have brought many new life lessons, and featuring epic wins and fails, but where the original talk viewed life from the perspective of a maker transitioned into management, these new learned things are from the perspective of a manager transitioning into leadership.
Standing on the shoulders of those who’ve already gone there.
Inquisitive souls that like to learn from others’ mistakes.
Five things audience members will learn
- How not to lose your shirt when investing in innovation.
- The tell tale signs that you should fire someone.
- A great process for defining your business model.
- When to seek forgiveness rather than permission.
- The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.