In this session you’ll learn which Angular 1 features to avoid and how to write an Angular 1 app that will be easy to migrate into Angular 2. We’ll go through the process of refactoring an Angular 1 app to prep it for migration. Then Rob will demonstrate how to incrementally migrate to Angular 2. You’ll come away from this session with a better understanding of what Angular 2 has to offer and how to start taking advantage of it.
To make the migration from Angular 1 to Angular 2 as painless as possible
Anyone using Angular 1 or interested in learning Angular 2.
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Five things audience members will learn
- How to write an Angular 1 app that will be easy to migrate
- Using TypeScript, ES6 modules, and the component router with Angular 1
- The benefits of Angular 2
- How to run Angular 1 and 2 in the same app
- How to migrate an Angular 1 app to Angular 2