A few years back, Brendan Dawes published a series of thoughts about the creative process which he called “Manifesto for Myself” to act as both creative inspiration and interruption. Using examples and lessons learned from his own career – from web designer to artist – Brendan will take you through various points in the manifesto, from leaving space in your work for the unexpected to grow or exploring the scraps on the cutting-room floor, to the joy to be found in being bored.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- The importance of seemingly pointless play
- The advantages of making an enemy of envy
- Why you should do things you don’t know how to do
- How you can grow through collaboration with others
- The power of combinations