A digital product designer’s story of failure, self-empowerment, and redemption. Over the span of two years, Catt Small experienced the highs and lows of product development—all on the same team. She will share ways to improve your persuasion skills, create a better working relationship with your peers, conduct more holistic research, and ultimately create and release a better product.
Catt would like to share the changes she made to her process as a designer and discuss how it helped her create more human-centered user experiences.
UX designers and user experience researchers, as well as anyone who has trouble persuading others to make change.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Methods to get buy-in from your product and engineering partners, and why it is crucial for making a positive impact on your users
- Turning failure into a valuable tool for learning
- Ways to empower yourself as a designer
- Scrappy user research methods
- Designing for large scales of data