Libraries like Bootstrap can pollute your semantic code with classes like col-xs-8 and col-md-6. However, you can use Sass with libraries like Susy or Bourbon Neat to keep layout information out of your HTML, so that your HTML is more semantic and easier to update.
In this talk, Ray Villalobos, Staff Author for Lynda.com will help you discover new ways of coding your HTML and CSS that will make designing layouts for CSS fun and future-proof.
Learning to use Sass, Compass and Layout libraries to create layout-free HTML markup.
CSS users who want to learn how to create pages that are easier to update, without having to add layout markup to HTML.
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Experience with CSS layouts and/or knowledge of a CSS framework like Bootstrap or Foundation.
Five things audience members will learn
- The basics of working with Sass & Compass
- Creating layout-free markup
- How to create an easy workflow with Gulp.js
- Using a Sass layout library like Bourbon or Susy
- Using Layout mixins for responsive grids